Duration: 1 day
Introduction to Microsoft Excel
Spreadsheet software is used regularly in businesses to present data, to calculate costs and to create graphs and charts. In this unit you will learn how to enter, edit and organise numerical data, and how to manipulate and analyse data using formulae and data analysis tools. You will also learn how to organise and present data by using page layout and graph and chart tools where appropriate.
- Understand the Excel screen layout & Shortcuts
- Understand basic excel terminology (Cell, range, Ribbon, Highlight, Drag etc)
- Formatting Cells (Currency, Date, Percentage etc)
- Using Simple formulas
- Using simple functions (SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX etc)
- Adding new worksheets
- Inserting new columns and rows
- Absolute and relative cell references
- Freezing rows and columns
- Sorting data
- Setting margins and printing options
- Creating basic charts
What is involved?
Courses are delivered as workshops to gain new knowledge. Successful Certification comes from completing an external test or work based assignment focused on your business.
Courses are delivered at our Offices in Hereford or, if appropriate, can be delivered in your workplace according to numbers.
12th October 2017 – 1 day course
Riverside Training Ltd
6 St Martins Street
Funding is available through the European Social Fund according to eligibility criteria:
- Learner is aged 19+, living and working in the Marches (Herefordshire & Shropshire)
- The business employs no more than 250 employees (or 49 for Level 4)
- The learner is not on any other government programme such as college or university
RiversideQuals Riverside Training
Riverside Training is a Grade 2 Training Provider delivering Government subsidised Apprenticeships and commercial training. Based in Hereford and established in 1996, Riverside Training has grown from a city based operation to a provider operating nationwide. We offer work-based learning through nationally accredited qualifications that meet the needs of individuals and businesses. Ours is a personal approach that is flexible, responsive and professional. If you are looking for an apprenticeship, please have a look at our current vacancies, alternatively please contact us to discuss your requirements. If you are an employer and are looking to recruit, a £1,500 Government incentive may be available to assist your business. We also offer a variety of funded and commercial courses available to suit your training needs.